Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mr. Eggs and I


Whit had to study tonight, so it was on Mr. Eggs and I to cook up something delicious.  There was some sauce and pasta in the cabinet and some spare veggies in the fridge. Nice easy way to make a slightly lame pasta sauce outstandingly delicious.




This is actually one of my weekly go-to sides.  We usually have a loaf of sourdough laying around, so it's nice and easy to cut up some slices and turn them into crispy garlic bread. Credit to my wonderful step mom, Tracy, for this delicious recipe. Sorry for no exact measurements, but I always just apply ingredients to taste.

Sourdough Garlic Bread:
-1 loaf fresh sourdough, sliced thick
-Salted butter
-Extra virgin olive oil
-Coarse ground salt
-Coarse ground pepper
-Garlic salt
-Paprika
Preheat oven to broil. Apply ingredients in order listed to desired taste, I go even distribution of all ingredients. Place sliced bread on broiler pan and slide into broiler for 2-3 minutes.  Keep a close watch on this as the bread can go from perfect to completely burnt in a matter of seconds while in the broiler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...