Monday, March 12, 2012

Tips for Single Women, 1938



Today we have some dating advice for the single ladies circa 1938.  While some of these gems of wisdom may be slightly outdated, I think it's safe to say that tips such as "if you need a brassiere, wear one" and "don't tug at your girdle" qualify as timeless.

From the looks of it, I would assume that the charming gal in the picture was unable to close the deal with the dapper gentleman. Although, it looks like she got a free meal and a couple dozen drinks out of the deal. Here's an interesting article my wife sent me with a little bit more up to date info on dating in the modern world. Warning: the information in this piece is far from sugar coated, but in my opinion, very on point.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...