Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Birthday tooooo Whit


























  We made it back from Southeast Asia (pics and stories to come) in one piece just to celebrate Whit's birthday.  Happy birthday to my lovely wife!

She's been talking about getting a turn table in our apartment for some time, so I thought this would be a perfect chance to get her the retro music device of her dreams along with her requested 'Bad Company' LP (thanks for the album, Dad!). I was also lucky enough to track down a rare LP of Sigur Ros' "Ágætis byrjun" which has the incredibly beautiful song that played both during our wedding procession AND when Steve Zissou finally found the jaguar shark, "Staralfur" (song starts about 2:30).

Now comes the task of finding a stand or table of some sort to set this record player on.  My first inclination is to build one so I thought I'd check the web for ideas.  While whatever I would build would be nowhere near as cool as what's shown above, I wanted to share with everyone this very cool stand/box/hub of drawers called "Shrine".  At $5,000 this Rubix cube for your record player might be a little out of my price range... but I think it would really tie the room together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...